Dover Law Firm
Auto accident attorneys in Atlanta often recommend that their clients refrain from saying much of anything online after their car accident. This includes information posted to popular sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn. What you say MAY be used against you later and could impact your Georgia car accident case.
What Not to Say Online
While our Atlanta car accident lawyers generally don't want you tweeting or changing your status update, we specifically recommend that you stay away from updates such as:
- Saw the doctor - not sure whether to follow his advice.
- Guess I shouldn't have been trying to find my wallet at that intersection.
- Thanks for all the well wishes - feeling great!
- Despite my accident injuries, I'm looking forward to partying with the happy couple on Saturday!
- I'm sure my boss won't mind if I milk this for all its worth and take just one more week off.
What You Can Say Online
While you need to exercise extreme caution about what you say on social media sites after an accident, you don't have to completely stop using social media.
You CAN wish friends, family, and colleagues a happy birthday, congratulations on a new baby or promotion, and keep up-to-date on other people's news.
If you've been hurt in a car wreck, please contact an experienced Atlanta auto accident attorney at 1.770.518.1133 for more information and please read our FREE e-book: 4 Common Mistakes That Will Ruin Your Georgia Car or Truck Claim to learn more about your rights.