Florida Family Devastated by Georgia Car Accident
Posted on Aug 02, 2011
The Johnsons, of Palm Bay, Florida, were returning to their Georgia vacation cabin after an Independence Day Weekend fireworks show on July 1, 2011. As the family of six was stopped at an intersection on State Route 5215 in Blue Ridge, Georgia, a 16-year-old allegedly rear-ended the family's van with his pickup truck. The exact cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Nearly 30 emergency personnel arrived to help the family. Of the six people in the Johnson family van:
- Six-year-old Hannah died from her accident injuries.
- Three-year-old Owen's spine was severed. He is paralyzed from the neck down and dependent on a ventilator.
- Eight-year-old Katherine had both her legs broken and her pelvis crushed. She is expected to be in a wheelchair for several months.
- Ten-year-old Brooke suffered a broken leg and cuts.
- Mrs. Johnson, who was 20 weeks pregnant at the time of the crash, suffered nearly a dozen broken ribs. The baby is not believed to be injured.
- Mr. Johnson suffered a minor concussion.
We extend our deepest condolences and our best wishes for an easy recovery to the Johnson family following this tragic Georgia car accident.