What Can You Recover for an Atlanta Workplace Accident Injury?If you have been hurt on-the-job, you likely have questions about your future. You need to know how to plan and how to protect your family. You can’t spare yourself the physical pain or your loved ones the emotional pain of your injuries. However, you may be able to limit the financial pain suffered by you and your family and plan for a secure financial future.
The first step that you can make to limit the financial pain is to contact an experienced Atlanta workers’ compensation lawyer to help you understand your rights and fight for your just recovery.
What You May Possibly Recover
An Atlanta workers’ compensation attorney can explain your possible recovery based on the facts of your case. However, even before that meeting, you might be able to get a general idea of your potential recovery by understanding that you may be legally entitled to:
- Compensation for all of your medical, prescription, hospital, and rehabilitation costs provided that you use an authorized doctor(s).
- Two thirds of your average weekly wage up to a certain amount set by Georgia workers’ compensation law if you are unable to work for 7 or more days.
- A portion of your average weekly wage if you are able to work only part time or in a lower paying position because of your injuries.
- Help in getting a new job or training to qualify you for a new job.
- Weekly benefits for a certain number of weeks if you are unable to return to work because of your injury.
How an Atlanta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer May Help
If you contact an Atlanta workers’ comp lawyer soon after you injury, then your lawyer can help make sure that you comply with all workers’ compensation requirements so that you get the recovery that you deserve. Your attorney may also help you file a claim with the State Board of Workers’ Compensation if your workers’ comp benefits are not received.
For more information and to schedule a free consultation, please call our Atlanta workers’ compensation law firm today at 1.770.518.1133.