Request emergency medical treatment and report your injury to your employer. If you are injured, the report should be made directly to an employer or an employee in a supervising position. It is required that you report the injury immediately, however if you are in a condition when you require emergency medical care, one of the witnesses of the accidents becomes responsible for reporting an injury and that way you receive a report in the mail. If your injury is the type that occurs over time, then as soon as you find out of the injury and realize it is caused by work, report it to an employer. You will be provided with an appropriate form by your employer. Make sure you save all copies of correspondences.