10/15/2010Things may seem pretty overwhelming immediately after a car crash or truck accident. However, understanding what to do in the short term and long term can help keep you from becoming overwhelmed and can help protect your potential damage award.
Dover Law Firm
Dover Law Firm
Immediately After an Accident
In the moments right after your Georgia car accident or truck wreck, it is important to:
- Seek medical attention for anyone who is injured and for yourself.
- Call the police to report the accident and allow the police to conduct an accident investigation.
- Get the names and numbers of any witnesses to the crash.
- Get the name, number, address, driver’s license number, license plate number and insurance information for all of the other drivers involved in the crash.
- Take pictures (with your cell phone) of the accident scene, and take notes of conditions just prior to and after the collision.
Call an Atlanta Accident Attorney
While you are recovering from your physical and emotional injuries, your Atlanta accident attorney can help investigate the cause of your accident, negotiate with the insurance company, and make sure that all of your legal rights are protected.
Knowing what not to do after an accident is also important. Please read our free book, 4 Common Mistakes that Will Ruin Your Georgia Car or Truck Claim and contact a Georgia personal injury lawyer at 770.518.1133 or via our online form.
Category: Auto/Truck Wreck
Comments are closed.