9/30/2010Often, drivers believe that they know how to protect themselves from fatal crashes. The best way to protect yourself, and your passengers, from dying in a car accident is to be an alert and responsible driver.
Dover Law Firm
Dover Law Firm
Part of being alert and responsible is understanding when you are most vulnerable. For that reason, it is important to understand the following facts about fatal car accidents in Georgia.*
- Three out of four deadly crashes occur on two-way roads that have no separation or barrier between the lanes.
- The majority of these two-way road crashes occur in rural counties.
- In fact, twice as many people die in rural Georgia fatal car crashes than in the five metro Atlanta counties.
- The number of fatal rollover crashes increased more than 40% in Georgia between 2000 and 2006.
- 25% of fatal crashes occur at intersections. Most of these crashes were at rural intersections without traffic controls.
- One out of three traffic fatalities in Georgia involves a pickup truck
- In 2006, there were 1,703 deaths in Georgia car accidents as compared to 601 murders statewide.
If you have lost a loved one in any type of Georgia accident, then you may be entitled to damages. Contact the experienced Atlanta wrongful death lawyers of the Dover Law Firm today at (770) 518-1133 for more information.
*Source: Georgia Department of Transportation, Crash Analysis, Statistics & Information Notebook 2008
Category: Wrongful Death
Comments are closed.