10 Things to Do to Avoid an Atlanta Car Accident InjuryIf you listen to the evening news, visit the news section on our website, or just drive around Atlanta, then you know that car accidents are common in our area. As Atlanta accident lawyers, we first want to do everything that we can to help you avoid being in a crash and, if an accident is inevitable, then we want to do everything that we can to help you recover from the crash.
Tips for Avoiding Car Crash Injuries
- Wear a seat belt. If you are in an accident, a seat belt may prevent serious injuries or death.
- Drive defensively. Assume the worst in other drivers and exercise caution.
- Use signals to communicate with other drivers. Make sure that other drivers can anticipate your next move.
- Put down your cell phone. Distracted driving is a leading cause of accidents and one that you can avoid.
- Pay attention to the road. Avoid other distractions in the car such as daydreaming, arguing with passengers and changing music.
- Look both ways when crossing an intersection - even if you have a green light. Intersections are a common place of crashes and a place where it is important to exercise extreme caution.
- Maintain your car. Regular maintenance will help prevent mechanical problems from causing accidents.
- Follow the speed limit. Traveling at the speed limit may not only help reduce your chances of being in a crash, but it may also reduce the chances of significant injuries if a serious crash occurs.
- Provide extra space between you and the motorcycle in front of you. Give motorcyclists space since serious injuries are likely to result in accidents between motorcycles and cars.
- Be aware of truck blind spots. Truck drivers cannot see you as easily as you can see trucks. Thus, it is important to be aware of that and provide space between you and tractor trailers whenever possible.
Why You Should Call an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer if You've Been Hurt
When the steps described above are not enough to keep you safe and you suffer auto accident injuries, then you need someone who is both compassionate and aggressive. You need an Atlanta auto accident attorney who understands the significance of your injuries and will fight for your just recovery.
For that reason, we encourage you to call an experienced Atlanta car accident attorney at 1.770.518.1133 for a free consultation. Additionally, we invite you to read our free e-book for more information about what to do, and what not to do, after a crash: 4 Common Mistakes That Will Ruin Your Georgia Car or Truck Claim.