Dover Law Firm
- Texting. Texting and driving is one of the most dangerous things that you can do because it requires you to take your eyes off of the road, your hands off the wheel and your mind off of driving safely.
- Talking on the phone. Talking on your phone presents similar risks to texting and driving and should be avoided.
- Facebook. Whether you are updating your status, checking in on your friends or looking at pictures, Facebook and other social media sites are a distraction that is best avoided while driving.
- Twitter. It can be tempting to take a quick look at the latest Tweets but doing so takes attention away from driving safely.
- Following a GPS without consideration. A GPS can help you avoid the distraction of following written directions, so it is important to listen to what the GPS tells you. However, make sure you are following all traffic signs and directions regardless of what the GPS indicates.
- Arguing. Whether you are on the phone or have a passenger in the car, arguing can cause you to lose sight of your primary activity - driving safely.
- Drinking a hot beverage. If you spill a hot drink while driving, the pain or burn that results can cause you to lose control of your vehicle and get hurt.
- Reaching into the passenger seat or back seat. When you reach over to get something or hand someone something in the rear seat, you may not be able to pay attention to the road in front of you and you may miss a pedestrian, bicycle, motorcycle, car or truck.
Unfortunately, many drivers avoid all eight of these things and still get hurt in Atlanta car wrecks. If this has happened to you, then the experienced Atlanta auto accident attorneys of The Dover Law Firm are committed to helping you get the recovery that you deserve.
To learn more, please read our free e-book, 4 Common Mistakes That Will Ruin Your Georgia Car or Truck Claim, and please call one of our experienced Atlanta car crash lawyers at 1.770.518.1133 for a free consultation.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "8 Things Your Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Wants You to Avoid Doing While Driving"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."