19 People Die on Georgia Roads Over July 4th Weekend
Posted on Jul 25, 2011
The Georgia State Patrol has released Georgia accident data for the July 4, 2011 weekend which began at 6 p.m. on Friday July 1, 2011 and ended at 11:59 p.m. on Monday July 4, 2011. According to the information provided by the Georgia State Patrol there were 313 crashes, which resulted in 230 injuries and 19 deaths. This data reflects all reported fatalities in the state and accidents responded to by the Georgia State Patrol. Additional accidents and injuries were likely investigated by local law enforcement, though that data has not yet been compiled and reported.
The fatalities were responded to be the following Georgia State Patrol Troops:
- Troop B including GSP Blue Ridge, GSP Cumming and GSP Gainesville and the Gainesville Police responded to 7 fatalities.
- Troop C including GSP Motor Unit, College Park Police, Atlanta Police and Sandy Springs Police responded to 4 fatalities.
- Troop D including GSP LaGrange responded to 2 fatalities.
- Troop H including GSP Tifton responded to 2 fatalities.
- Troop I including GSP Waycross and the Savannah-Chatham Metro Police responded to 2 fatalities.
- Troop E including GSP Monroe responded to 1 fatality.
- Troop G including GSP Thomasville responded to 1 fatality.
In comparison, 11 people died over the 2010 July 4th holiday weekend.
We extend our sincere condolences to everyone who lost a loved one in a fatal Georgia car accident over the holiday weekend.