Tips to Avoid Atlanta Accidents When Sharing the Road with Aggressive TruckersAggressive drivers are everywhere, and they operate cars, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles, buses, and even bicycles. Although you can encounter an aggressive driver just about anywhere, cars are more affected in an Atlanta accident by aggressive truck drivers due to the sheer size and weight of a truck.
When a trucker is speeding, making hand gestures, using the horn, swerving in between cars, not signaling, or making other risky moves on the road, he is considered an aggressive truck driver.
Aggressive truckers are a safety threat to you and every other motorist who is sharing the road with them. Although an aggressive truck driver can tick you off and make you want to behave in ways you wouldn't usually, it is not your job to teach them a lesson. Your job is to protect yourself and anyone else riding in the vehicle with you. The only way to do this is to stay calm and not let your emotions take over at the wheel.
Ways to avoid an Atlanta auto accident with an aggressive truck driver include:
- Get out of the aggressive trucker's way - don't drive next to or directly behind the truck.
- Slow down, and stay at least three cars lengths behind the truck (more room is preferred).
- Do not make eye contact with the trucker.
- Do not engage in hand gestures or obscenities - it will only anger the trucker.
- Do not cut the truck off and then slam on your brakes.
- Do not play their games.
- Avoid confrontation with the aggressive truck driver.
- Call 911 to report the aggressive trucker to the police.
- Call their trucking company to report the driver's actions - their phone number is generally located on the back of the truck.
Most of all, it is important to keep a level head and protect yourself and your passengers. By following these tips, you may be able to save yourself or someone else from an Atlanta car accident and related injuries.
If you or someone you love was injured in an Atlanta car crash with a truck, please call our skilled auto accident attorneys in Atlanta for more information about your rights. At The Dover Law Firm, we will provide you with a free legal consultation in a safe environment with absolutely no obligation to hire us. We will answer your questions and let you know about your rights to recovery. Call us today at 1.770.518.1133, and schedule your free legal consultation.
Also, be sure to request our FREE book, 4 Common Mistakes that Will Ruin Your Georgia Car or Truck Claim.