Could Simple Road Improvements Prevent Your Atlanta Car Accident?Atlanta car accidents can happen anytime and anywhere. However, history has shown that some roads and some intersections are more dangerous than others. Could the City of Atlanta, the State of Georgia, or even the federal government be doing more to keep you safe?
Potential Road Safety Improvements
The following factors could make some roads and intersections safer for Atlanta motorists:
- Well placed barriers and guard rails.
- Appropriate banking to make navigating the curves of the road easier.
- Entry and exit ramps that are designed for today's vehicles. The ramps must allow traffic to slow down safely from maximum highway speeds and should be designed to lessen congestion.
- Easy to read signs that are well placed and make it easy for drivers to anticipate traffic signals, stop signs or changes in the road.
- Road surfaces free from significant potholes or other impediments to safe travel.
- Safe shoulders for disabled vehicles.
- Appropriate placement of stop signs and traffic lights.
- Maintained visibility so that the signs, traffic signals and other road signs are not obstructed by trees or other things that make them hard to see.
Of course some of these improvements are already in place, but even on the roads with the best designs accidents can still happen.
Contact Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers After a Crash
While the city, state and federal governments may or may not be responsible for your crash, even if one or more of the potential road safety improvements could have prevented your accident, you are not without rights to recover damages for your accident injuries.
To find out if you may have the right to recover damages, please call an experienced Atlanta auto accident attorney at 1.770.518.1133 for more information. Additionally, we invite you to read our FREE book: 4 Common Mistakes That Will Ruin Your Georgia Car or Truck Claim to learn more about your legal rights.