7 Tips for a Safe Commute in Alpharetta, GeorgiaIf you are like many people who live or work in the Alpharetta area, then commuting is part of your daily work routine. Regardless of whether you dread or tolerate your commute, you share common commuting risks with other drivers. Since commuting is a part of your life that can't be avoided, it is important to know how to stay safe while traveling to and from work and how to avoid being in an Alpharetta car crash.
How to Make Your Alpharetta Commute Safer
As a commuter, it is important to:
- Put down your cell phone. It can be tempting to start your work day early or to keep working after you leave the office. Yet, a phone call or text message can distract you from driving safely.
- Concentrate on work at work (or home) but not in the car. Whether you are taking notes about something you are working on or daydreaming about how your big presentation will go, you may be distracted from driving safely.
- Always use your turn signals. Other drivers cannot anticipate what you are going to do next, even if it is a route you take every day.
- Maintain a proper distance from the car in front of you. This will help you prevent a rear-end accident if the other driver stops short.
- Not be distracted by music. Changing the music or even turning it up too high and singing loudly can be a distraction from safe driving.
- Leave yourself enough time to get to work or back home. Rushed drivers tend to become aggressive drivers, and aggressive drivers may become injured drivers. Thus, it is important to leave enough time to get to and from work safely.
- Always wear your seat belt. If an Alpharetta commuter crash can't be avoided, then a seat belt may save your life.
Call an Alpharetta Car Crash Lawyer if You've Been in an Accident
Even if you follow all of the tips described above, it is still possible to get hurt in an Alpharetta car accident. Other drivers may not be following these tips and even the best defensive driver may be unable to avoid all crashes.
If you've been hurt, or if you've lost a loved one, in an Alpharetta wreck, then the best way to protect yourself and to avoid further damage is to call an Alpharetta car accident attorney. For more information about your Georgia accident claim, please read our free e-reports: Typical Insurance Company Tactics and If You've Been in a Wreck Don't Do These Four Things.
For more information about how an Alpharetta accident lawyer may be able to help you after your accident case, please call 1.770.518.1133 to schedule a free consultation.