Potential Damages After a Georgia Motorcycle Accident Amputation – and How to Recover ThemWhile a good motorcycle helmet might protect your head during an Alpharetta motorcycle accident and tough leather clothing may protect you from painful road burns, your limbs are still exposed to traumatic injuries. There is little that you can do to protect yourself from losing a finger, hand, arm, foot, leg or a toe that gets crushed or severed in an Alpharetta motorcycle crash.
Instead, when a traumatic accident happens and you lose a limb, then your focus must be on your future. Your life was not ended in the crash, but it was significantly altered. Thus, it is important that you receive the compensation that you deserve to move forward as best as you can after your Alpharetta bike wreck, and that you work with an Alpharetta car crash attorney who is committed to helping you get what you deserve.
Types of Financial Damages Which You May Be Able to Recover
If your motorcycle accident injuries were caused by someone else's negligence, then you may be entitled to compensation for your:
- Medical expenses, including surgical costs and follow up visits.
- Rehabilitation costs, such as physical therapy and occupational therapy.
- Out-of-pocket expenses, if your injury caused you to incur expenses such as childcare, housecleaning, driving help or other expenses.
- Loss of income, if you were temporarily or permanently unable to work.
- Pain and suffering, if you incurred physical pain and emotional suffering because of your injury.
How to Recover Damages After a Georgia Motorcycle Accident Amputation Injury
The damages described above may be substantial and insurance companies are likely to try to limit the just recovery of accident amputees. For that reason, it is important to call an Alpharetta accident lawyer as soon as possible after your motorcycle crash so that your lawyer can help you protect your legal rights and potential legal recovery.
For more information, please contact an Alpharetta motorcycle accident attorney at 1.770.518.1133 and read our free reports: Typical Insurance Company Tactics and If You've Been in a Wreck Don't Do These Four Things.