4/25/2011As an Atlanta bicycle accident attorney, I represent people who have been hurt in catastrophic bike crashes because drivers of motor vehicles were negligent. There is little, if anything, that bike riders can do to prevent these types of accidents. Yet, there are steps that bike riders can take to prevent injuries.
Dover Law Firm
Dover Law Firm
Specifically, it is important to make sure that your bicycle is road ready. Georgia state statute 40-6-296 requires, in part, that:
- Bicycles used at night have a white light in front that can be seen for at least 300 feet and a red reflector in the back.
- Bicycles must have brakes.
- Your bicycle must have handlebars that you can use without raising your hands above shoulder level.
- When in the lowermost position, the pedal should not be more than 12 inches from the ground.
- People under age 16 must wear a helmet.
While these safety tips may help prevent an injury, the statute specifically states that failure to comply with any portion of this subsection does not constitute negligence or evidence of negligence.
Thus, regardless of the condition of your bike, or what happened in your bike crash, it is important to contact an experienced Atlanta bicycle accident lawyer at 770.518.1133, if you have been hurt or if you have lost a loved one in a Georgia bike accident.
Category: Auto/Truck Wreck
There are no comments.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Your Atlanta Bicycle Accident Attorney Wants to Make Sure That Your Bike is Road Ready"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."